Friday, August 23, 2013

Smoothie Ninja

 
Skinny Orange Dream Smoothie
I have become a smoothie Ninja! This Skinny Orange Dream Smoothie from Lose Weight By Eating is one of my new favorite smoothies. Have you ever had an Orange Julius? This is very similar and incorporates an entire orange. It calls for Almond Milk, but I have been drinking the Unsweetened Almond/Coconut Milk by Blue Diamond lately and I really enjoy it.  There are many types of smoothie makers that seem great and can do the job. I have been blessed to receive a Ninja Master Prep Pro from my Dad, for my birthday. The Ninja that I have is a blender, food processor and a chopper. I use all three pieces in one day. While looking on Google, I found them for a deal at Target. It you are looking for a good smoothie maker and versatile kitchen appliance I really recommend the Ninja. I did see the up up graded one and it made me drool. My friend Karen loves her Bullet and my Dad loves his Vitamix. Find one that works for you and start enjoying whole food, low calorie, smoothies with me.

Ninja Master Prep Pro
Not only have I tried a few wonderful recipes out there but I have been making my own whole food smoothies. My daughter loves them and it is a wonderful way for her to get her daily fruits and veggies. I like to put spinach and carrots in them. If you use dark berries then it masks the other colors and makes it easier for some to drink. We have put blueberries, strawberries, apples, raspberries and cherries in them. It all depends on what I have in the fridge at the time. I have found putting watermelon in it makes it a lot thinner without adding extra liquid. If you want it a little sweeter just add a packet of Truvia.


Blended Mocha Cappuccino by Lose Weight by Eating
While looking for smoothie recipes I came across a really good Blended Mocha Cappuccino recipe. It only has 122 calories compared to the 400 plus you would get at McDonald's. This has been my new favorite thing during the afternoon when my pot of coffee has gone cold. Yes, I love coffee. I've heard both negative and positive things about it. I choose to believe the positive :)

Skinny Green Tropical Smoothie
OK, so everyone is talking about the green smoothie. When I was a kid my Dad used to try to get me to drink something called barely green. That stuff is nasty! So, I have an aversion to drinking thing that are green. I finally found one that sounded delicious. The Skinny Green Tropical Smoothie, it is as good as the ingredients sounded. I have to warn you to either have someone to share it with or be prepared to have it for a meal. It is to good to save.

On a side note: Barely Green now makes a chocolate version that is delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment